Bees, Bees, BEEEEEES!!!!

 


I'm not entirely sure why but I got on a "bee" kick on my TpT page lately.  It all started when my son came home with music worksheets that just looked so poorly put together.  I'm not blaming my son's music teacher.  If she's anything like me, she doesn't think much about worksheets and spends most of her time DOING music.  Still, that thing was a mess.  I had to redo it.  It was a worksheet called "Musical Spelling Bee" and there was a cartoon image of a bee on it.  Aaaand, we were off to the races.  Once I made that very simple worksheet, I felt I needed to add something, so I made a second page.  You can find those worksheets here.  Then I had a great idea for a Write the Room activity, and Bee Musical Matching Game for centers. On my Canva page are currently two or three other unfinished Bee themed activities.  Why?  I don't know.  Maybe it has to do in part with the fact that I found SUPER CUTE bee images on Canva, or Spring Fever.  Who knows?

My favorite idea, so far, though, is to incoperate the "bee dance" into what we're doing.  I love the idea of splitting the class up into groups (or hives) of four or five kids.  One kid from the hive sets out to find a rhythm from the flower chart.  The flower cards are place around the room.  Once the student finds the corresponding flower card, they return to the hive and do a movement to represent the rhythm they have found.  So, if "Ti ti" is hip shaking twice and "Ta" is a stomp, they come back to the hive and move accordingly. Someone from the hive writes down the rhythm on the correct spot and the next student is sent out into the room to find the next rhythm.




Anyway, watch  my TpT page for more bee themed activities and worksheets. 
Thanks for stopping by!


Comments