I Have Who Has Solfege

***Edit*** I Have Who Has? Solfege DRM in the key of G and F are now available in my TpT page!

 Greetings! I'm back with another I Have Who Has and I know I've said this before, but this is my favorite one!  I happened upon a line of clip art on TpT done by Sarah Pecorino called Dot Dudes. These little expressive circle people inspired me to make Chromanote activities including the one I'm going to talk about today. I have completed the "I Have Who Has? Solfege DRM in the key of C" cards and they are available on my store.  If you are unfamiliar with the "I Have Who Has" game, I talk about it on my blog here.  Basically, it's a call and response game that I have had wild success with in my classroom and in my TpT store.  Students listen for the melody written on their card, sing "I have do mi re do, who has mi do-do re rest?"

I think one of the most exciting parts of this version of "I Have Who Has" is the possibility of answering the age old question of "what to do with the students who finish their part and have to wait through 30 more cards of this?"  I would set up a row of pitched instruments like bells, chimes, piano, Orff instruments, maybe non-pitched instruments interspersed as fillers. Then as the kids finish their card, they can go to the instrument section and play the melody after the students say "Who Has do re mi-mi re?" Instrument section repeats the melody, student with the correct melody on their card stands up and says "I have do re mi-mi re. Who has. . . " and as the instruments repeat the melody, the student with the card places it in a pile and walks to an instrument.  I would have the instrument section rotate to the next instrument in Artie Almeida fashion probably after repeating the melody.  This is one of those kinks that would have to be ironed out in the classroom, but it would solve that problem of kids only being engaged until their one part is completed.  I had some classes fall apart because of that issue.

Anyway, if you buy this game and use it, please shoot me a comment and tell me how it worked out for you. What did or didn't work?  As always, if you buy a product from me and catch a mistake, I will fix it and get it back to you as soon as I can.  I'll probably be so grateful for the help that I'll throw in a free product just for your troubles.

I have more Dot Dude products coming soon to my TpT store including:

  • "I Have Who Has" do re mi in the keys of F and G
  • sol mi in the key of C
  • mi fa sol in the keys of C G and F
  • mi fa sol la in the keys of C G and F
  • And so much more!
I also want to take these Dot Dudes and possibly create anchor charts with them, more rhythm worksheets, Solfege Bingo, and more!  I'm really excited to expand this idea and acquire more of the Dot Dudes packages. It's really exciting to find a clip art set in a style I like that has so much variety and potential.  Keep checking my store for more updates in the next few months!




Comments