I Have Who Has Games


Greetings everyone! It appears I have a hit on my hands with the I Have Who Has Rhythm game, so I have added more versions of it to my store on TpT.  Thanks to clip art sellers on TpT and Creative Market, I have found some beautiful clip art images of various musical instruments.  I have black and white and color versions, as well as a Musical Note/Symbols and a 16 note rhythm set.

I wanted to spend a bit of time going over my experience with the game when I played it in class and why I didn't go back to it after I first created them nearly . . . .EIGHT YEARS AGO?!  Here I was thinking that they were about 3 or 4 years old. . . Anyhow, the blog post of me talking about my initial experience can be found here. I essentially found out quickly that the game doesn't have the attention grabbing power I had hoped.  Once kids said their rhythm, they were stuck with nothing left to do until we were all done, which could be 10 minutes or more.  I believe I just labeled it a loss and moved on with my life, but over the years I have found that I Have Who Has has been my top pinned item on Pinterest and later a top downloaded product on TpT.  When I monetized it, it quickly became my best selling product on my TpT page, so I began to think I was missing something.  Let's give the people what they want, right?

So I started looking for instrument images to make an Instrument version of the game and wondered if there was a way I could make it flow better.  I decided to add extra cards (an expansion pack if you will) to each set to give teachers the option of splitting the classes up in groups.  That way, kids wouldn't be left to sit through 32 rhythms.  Instead, they could be in groups of 16 or 8.  I had originally chosen 32 because that was the average size of my classes (I had class and a half in my school, which could range from 28 to 38 kids in each class.  Don't get me started.  That's for another post). I realize not everyone has such large groups, so I figured the expansion packs would allow for smaller classes to play, too.

I had mentioned that one of the things I did for my younger kids was to show a PowerPoint of the cards as we played the game.  This allowed students to hear and see the rhythms we were searching for.  I considered making Google Slides versions available, but I think most people can make their own.  

Real quick, just in case someone doesn't know what I'm talking about: At the top of most PC keyboards (I'm not sure about MAC) above the Backspace button, you should have a button that says "PrtScn".  When you press that button, whatever is on your monitor at the moment will be captured as an image and stored in your clipboard.  Make sure you have my I Have Who Has file open on your screen and press "PrtScn".  Open Google Slides or PowerPoint, click on your first slide, and press "Ctrl + V" on your keyboard and your screen image will show up.  Crop and stretch the image to your liking and voila. Do that 31 more times and you'll have a Slide Show of my IHWH game.

Please check out my store and keep coming back!  I hope to add more rhythm versions and maybe even Solfege versions to my store in the future!  Thanks! 

Comments