Being a Creator is Hard



Okay, I've been at this creating resources for TpT thing for several months now and let me tell you, it's hard. As a teacher, I slaved for hours over classroom materials and vowed never to charge others for my labor.  Why would I? I had them to use in my classroom and I'm happy to share.  Now that I'm on the "hoping to make an income" side of this, I'm still slaving away, I just don't have a use for my resources. Right now, this whole thing is simply a passion project, but I would like to bring a little side income to help out at home.  I've made a total of about $4 in the past two months which is SUPER encouraging, but it's not exactly helping to pay off my student loans.

I don't know if this actually affects anyone, but I'm charging now for my most popular download on TpT. My "I Have Who Has" printable is now $3.00. I did this mostly because there is another creator on TpT who has a whole series of these on her page and me offering mine for free undercuts her income.  That's a new angle.  Me giving my stuff away for free hurts other creators. Hmm.  I actually charged more for mine because (no shade) I like mine better. I also hoped me pricing mine higher would maybe send her some business. Namely the business I have stolen from her for offering mine for free?  I don't know.  Felt like the right thing to do. Also, I wouldn't mind making a little income for my labor, and since it has 17 glowing reviews, I might have some luck selling it.

If you like the "I Have Who Has" game model, I have some more ideas coming soon, so keep an eye out!



Comments